Using keyboard shortcuts is one way to add features to the Quick Access Toolbar in any Office 2016 application without using a mouse. But you can make it even quicker by adding buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar that represent your favorite features, and then you can access them by pressing ALT, and the coordinating number key.
What´s the Quick Access Toolbar?
The Quick Access Toolbar is located in the upper left corner of th PowerPoint, just above the File tab. It lets you customize quick shortcuts for commands that you use often.
Add features to the Quick Access Toolbar
To add a feature to the Quick Access Toolbar:
- Press Alt.
- When the lettered Key Tips appear, press F to open the File tab.
- Press T to open the Options tab.
- In the PowerPoint Options box, use the down arrow to move down to the Quick Access Toolbar tab.
- Press Tab to move into the Customize Quick Access Toolbar box.
- Press C to open the drop-down feature list (under Choose commands from).
- Use the down arrow to scroll to the tab that contains the feature you want to add.
TIP The tabs are listed in the order as they appear on the ribbon.
- Press Enter to select a tab.
- Press Tab to move to the list of features on the tab you just selected.
- Use the down arrow to scroll through the features in the list.
- When you find the feature you want to add to the Quick Access Toolbar, press Alt + A.
- Use the down arrow to continue to scroll through the other features you want to add.
Use the features you added to the Quick Access Toolbar
To access a feature you added to the Quick Access Toolbar, press Alt and then press the Key Tip number associated with the button.